San Antonio Mini Album


Hello everyone! Today I’m sharing my first ever mini album which I created using the February Atacama kit by Clique Kits. This kit had a ton of tags in the papers, the ephemera pack, and in the exclusive cut aparts designed by the amazing Maryam Perez so I thought they would make an awesome base for a mini album! Read on below to see more pictures and be sure to check out my album flip through in my first YouTube video on my new channel at https://youtu.be/GRXK6yN2R0I!


I collected all of the tags I wanted to include as well as made a few out of vellum. One of the vellum tags I made into a shaker pocket with sequins from my stash and the other I decided to make look like either party lights or tassels as either fit well with the theme of the kit. I took a stamp from my stash called “Party Lights” by October Afternoon and stamped it on two vellum tags at slightly different intervals so when layered, the lights were offset. Once the ink dried, I used my Jane Davenport mermaid markers to color in the bulbs. Lastly, I sewed both vellum layers together to get the final tag to be used in the album.



The tag that inspired me to do the mini album was the kraft tag from the ephemera pack that had multiple holes in it. I new immediately it would make a great statement piece so I decided to use it as the cover of the album. I used embroidery thread from my stash in matching colors to the kit to stitch an X pattern through all of the holes to add color and I just love the way it turned out!



I also wanted to to make some pockets to be able to include more than one photo on some of the tags. The first pocket in the album is a simple single pocket out of vellum, the second is a single pocket with accordion inserts on the sides to make the pocket deeper, and the third is a double stacked vellum pocket. I also made the third tag a little more interactive with an additional pocket in the side between the two tags I glued together and sewed two photos on the front of the tag to mimic a book.




I loved making this mini album and it was such a great experience that I already and starting on a second mini album! I hope you enjoyed the album as much as I did and will be back with more projects soon! Also be on the look out in April for layouts by me on the Clique Kits blog as I will be joining the design team for the April-September term!


~ Kayla

Comments

Popular Posts