Love in Full Bloom

Hello everyone and happy Sunday! Today I am writing my first ever blog post!!! I wanted to share a layout I created with the June 2017 Aquarelle kit from Clique Kits. I do have a Cricut so I am able to easily use cut files on my projects but I wanted to show an example of how you can use a simple cut file or online image even if you don't have an electronic cutting machine.

The frame on this project was done by simply finding a very simple image of a frame I liked on a Google search. I then printed the frame out at the size I wanted on a regular piece of printer paper.


Next, I colored the frame with my distress inks and then lightly adhered the colored frame to a piece of card stock. I decided to hand stitch over all of the printed black lines because I love to hand stitch and I love the texture it gives, but one could easily machine stitch, emboss, or color the lines if hand stitching isn't your thing. For my layout, I wanted to focus on the black lines as I felt it gave the frame more of a realistic look. In the end, here is how my frame turned out just by using a printed image from the web, some distress ink, and hand stitching.



I also used an old mason jar cut file from the Clique Kits subscriber downloads area to create a shaker pocket vase. I simply printed the cut file image on a piece of printer paper.


I didn't want the printed image on the vase so I just laid it on a piece of card stock and taped it down with some washi tape so it wouldn't move. I pierced all the wholes to create an outline and then removed the printed image and hand stitched again. Once my image was stitched, I just cut out the pieces I didn't want and I had a mason jar with no electronic cutting machine. For the shaker I just traced the mason jar on a page protector and used my Fuse tool and a homemade sequin mix to make it look like water.


The last thing I did was fussy cut a bunch of flower clusters from one of the papers in the June kit to create a floral arrangement and used the embellishments to add finishing touches. Here is the final layout and some close up pictures.


I hope you enjoyed the layout and have a fantastic week!

~Kayla

Comments

Popular Posts