Dream Big

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! I'm back again today with a layout for the Clique Kits Instagram Share/Pep Rally. This layout was made using the September kit from Clique Kits featuring One Canoe Two's Creekside collection. I love this collection and I immediately thought of the outdoors when I saw it and thought it would be perfect to document my time climbing mountains in China when I was in college.

I decided I wanted to use an older cut file in the subscriber downloads section but I wanted to challenge myself to use it in a way other than on my electronic die cutting machine. I decided to use one of the June 2015 cut files as I thought it went with the September kit really well and was ultimately a fairly simple image. I just printed it out on a regular piece of printer paper and positioned the image on a piece of white card stock with washi tape. Then I poked holes over the outline of the cut file image, removed the printer paper, and stitched the image with embroidery thread. It did take a little time but I like to do things like this while I'm watching TV and I absolutely love the way it turned it.





Since I had gone to the effort to stitch the image, I really wanted that to remain as the focal point. The plaid washi tape that came in the September kit was perfect to provide major contrast between the stitched image and the rest of the layout. The last step was to add my photos and the final embellishments. I used craft foam to pop up some of the die cuts to give the layout more dimension.


And of course I had to use the beautiful white alphas from Freckled Fawn that came in this months kit. They were the perfect size to write the name of the mountain range above the banner in the upper right hand corner of the page.


I hope you enjoyed my layout, I sure enjoyed making it. I also hope you are inspired to use cut files in other ways than just with your electronic die cutting machines as I feel there are so many other ways they can be used. Also, don't forget to stop over by the Clique Kits Instagram page @cliquekits for a list of all the other ladies participating in the pep rally and the projects they have to share!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kayla









Comments

Popular Posts